Buying a home in the Comox Valley
Homebuyers’ tips from your Royal LePage Comox Valley real estate team
So you’re thinking about purchasing a home in the Comox Valley. Now what?
Step One – find a Comox Valley Realtor to help
From helping you find financing and organize inspections to making an offer and closing the transaction, your Comox Valley Realtor will guide you through every stage of the real estate process. This is an important relationship, so make sure you’re working with an experienced professional whom you like and trust.
Step Two – Define your search
What kind of property are you looking for? What kind of neighbourhood? Our Comox Valley real estate team can be an invaluable resource, helping you determine the home and neighbourhood that best fits your family’s needs.
Here are some more tips on defining your search:
- Ask yourself, “Why buy a home in the Comox Valley?” To stop paying rent? To start building equity? To have a place of your own? To raise a family?
- List the type of home you want and where you want it to be. Be specific. Separate the "must haves" from the "want to haves."
- Zero in on your target, moving from the general to the specific. Consider the area, the community, the neighborhood, the school zone, the recreational facilities and other community services such as transportation, daycare, library, stores and entertainment.
- Ask yourself, “How accessible am I to work and common activities?”
- Consider home styles, space, and the size and type of property. Do you prefer a new home or a fixer-upper? Consider how long you expect to live in this home and its potential resale value.
- Contact Mike Fisher and Associates for help – we’ll take the guesswork out of finding your ideal piece of Comox Valley real estate!
Step Two – Qualify for a mortgage
Once you address the steps above, the next step to purchasing a Comox Valley home is to get pre-qualified for a mortgage. This can be done over the phone, or online, in a matter of minutes. Give us a call and we can refer you to a Comox Valley mortgage professional with an excellent reputation, track record and approval rating.
Step Three – Find your Comox Valley real estate
Once you've defined your search, been pre-qualified for a mortgage and know your price range, it’s time to put Mike Fisher & Associates to work for you! We have many tools at our disposal to help you find your ideal piece of Comox Valley real estate, and our intimate knowledge of the Comox Valley market is an invaluable asset to your home search.